National recognition for the quality of our educational environment:
- No.1 University in South Region. In the 2014-15 rankings, Asbury University was named as the No. 1 Regional College (South) in the United States by the U.S. News & World Report. We’ve earned a top-five spot in the Regional College rankings each of the past five years.
- Top 50 Most Affordable Christian Colleges. With 98 percent of our student population receiving some form of financial aid and more than 50 percent of the students having more than half of their tuition covered by an aggressive financial aid/scholarship approach, Asbury’s amazing value was recognized by Christian Universities Online.
- No.1 Program in the Nation. Social Work Degree Guide described Asbury’s program as having, “a proud history of producing some of the finest social work professionals.”
Our students value their Asbury education:
- More than 90% of our students feel prepared to make a difference for God in the world.
- Asbury’s graduation rate is 5-10 percent better on average than that of the public universities in Kentucky.
- Our average freshman retention rate is 81 percent, higher than any school in the U.S. News & World Report rankings mentioned above.
The Lord is also unleashing an expanded culture of generosity. During a celebration of Asbury’s 125th
anniversary last June, the largest gift in the institution’s history was announced. The $8 million gift is
historic not only in amount, but in kind, representing the largest single gift made to an Asbury building
project, the largest single gift made to student scholarships and the largest single gift made by an Asbury
alum. This gift is a vote of confidence in the future of Asbury.
By many measures and multiple dimensions, Asbury has been extraordinarily successful.